Marcel Allbritton, Ph.D., sees Yoga Therapy clients in person at Integrative Behavioral Health in New Orleans to support better health, healing, and well-being.
Yoga Therapy is the therapeutic application of the system of Yoga to assist individuals with their health problems. Yoga Therapy promotes healing by helping to reduce symptoms and develop a more supportive association with your health issue.
- Gain greater capacity for self-care and self-healing.
- Cope with uncertainty.
- Minimize stress held in the body.
- Be less affected by everyday challenges.
- Gain resilience in recovering from health challenges.
As safe, patient-acceptable, and cost-effective forms of treatment for mental illness grows, yoga continues to be a staple practice of treatment in various mental health centers. The best mental health practices are those we can learn and adapt to in our lifestyles.
Yoga for trauma therapy has been proven to assist in the unravelling of trauma induced nerve patterns within the nervous system. Private yoga sessions for trauma, depression, anxiety, and PTSD provide treatment in a cost-effective and confidential way.
Yoga therapy uses the tools of yoga to focuses on each person’s individual health needs. Practice can help address your unique physical, emotional, or mental concerns.
If you are interested in yoga therapy with Marcel,
schedule a free 15 minute session with Marcel Allbritton, Ph.D., C-IAYT
to discuss how yoga therapy can work for you!
WRITINGS ON YOGA THERAPY
These writings by Marcel Allbritton on Yoga Therapy and Yoga reflect the practice and teachings of Krishnamacharya, the “father of modern yoga” who revitalized hatha yoga and introduced it to the west and of Krishnamacharya’s son and long time student, T.K.V. Desikachar, who further developed the field of yoga for healing. Marcel’s own teacher, Chase Bossart, was a student of Desikachar.
- Two Kinds of Yoga
- How is Mindfulness Different from Yoga Therapy?
- How to Describe Yoga Therapy
- Reducing Stress the Yoga Therapy Way
- How Awareness Can Help You be Healthier and Live a Better Life
- Why I Became a Yoga Therapist
- The Gift of Yoga Therapy
WRITINGS ON YOGA
- Yoga can help you Develop Mastery of any Topic.
- Yoga Supports Self-Do, not Self-Help.
- Yoga Helps You Listen to Your Body.
- The Focus of Yoga. The Yoga of Focus.
- Detachment is a Good Thing!
- What does Yoga have to do with Patterns?
- Prana is Moved through Attention to the Breath and Movement of the Body.