Marcel Allbritton, Ph.D., sees Mind-Body Therapy clients as a clinical health practitioner to support better health, healing, and well-being.
Mind-Body Therapy is the clinical and therapeutic application of the system of Yoga to assist individuals with their health problems. Mind-Body Therapy often includes a focus on movements, breathing and meditation. You don’t need to be strong, flexible, young, or in-shape to do Mind-Body Therapy!
BENEFITS OF MIND-BODY THERAPY:
* Alleviate physical symptoms
* Stabilize emotional challenges
* Manage chronic disease
* Speed recovery and healing
* Greatly reduce chances of injury
* Manage stress-related symptoms
I work with clients with conditions such as chronic pain, repetitive strain injury, anxiety, depression, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, Cancer, and chronic disease.
I work with clients who want to manage stress, make lifestyle changes, and improve their overall health and well-being.
- It is hard to accurately put into words the profound affect mind body therapy has had on my life. Before coming to Marcel, I suffered from a myriad of athletic injuries—some fresh, others long standing—that were causing pain and discomfort in my lower back, hips, knees and ankles. Marcel helped me to adjust my practice to match the state of my system, reducing the severity of my symptoms.— Sharon
- By building a relationship that is based on trust and authentic connection, Marcel tuned into—and evoked—a part of me that I thought was lost due to a prolonged state of severe stress, anxiety, and depression. — Karen
- Meeting Marcel has been a life-altering experience. He has taught me to manage my pain through awareness, relaxation, and mind-body connection. Marcel’s patience, attention and availability make living with back pain doable. — Hallie
- The overwhelming demands of my job left me seeped in unpleasant, unhealthy stress chemicals and feeling like a gun was always pointed at my head. As a compassionate, experienced, highly trained mind body therapist, Marcel has helped me learn to calm my system, gain awareness of, and change how my body and mind respond to stressful situations. The stressful job has not changed, but the way I deal with job stress (and of the rest of life) is completely transformed. — Jill
Mind-Body Therapy is not always easy to describe. Unlike most medical treatments that are designed to do one thing and one thing only, Mind-Body Therapy often delivers multiple benefits on multiple dimensions. So, for example, in addition to relieving a specific health issue, Yoga therapy can help reduce stress levels, lessen negative lifestyle changes and even lead to positive changes in personality. And yet, this can make it a little tricky to describe to others what Mind Body Therapy is, how it works, and how they might benefit from it.
MARCEL’S EXPERIENCE WITH MIND-BODY THERAPY:
*Five years experience as a Yoga Therapy practitioner
*Four years of intensive Yoga Therapy Training
*Two Year Clinical Yoga Therapy internship
*Clinical Yoga Therapy Internship at KYM Yoga Therapy Clinic in India
*Ten years one to one study with a Chase Bossart (long time student of TKV Desikachar)
Below is a brief Q&A on common Mind-Body Therapy topics:
Q: How does Mind-Body Therapy work?
A: Mind-Body Therapy works by regulating the human system. By providing you with an individualized routine (that is constantly adjusted as your human system changes and as your circumstances change), Mind-Body Therapy allows you to make continual improvement.
Q: What are some of the benefits of Mind-Body Therapy?
A: Mind-Body Therapy promotes true healing by helping to reduce symptoms associated with chronic conditions, lessen pain and assist clients in forming a more positive association with whatever ails them. Specifically, Mind-Body Therapy has used to treat pain, stress, anxiety, depression, neuromuscular diseases, cancer and other types of chronic illnesses.
Q: What is the relationship between Mind-Body Therapy and other forms of medicine?
A: Mind-Body Therapy can complement both conventional and alternative medicine. Mind-Body Therapy considers the entire person as a system, and is different for each person. The approach and underlying science of Mind-Body Therapy are different from conventional and other forms of alternative medicine, but Mind-Body Therapy can work nicely in conjunction with other forms of treatment and disease management.
Q: What can you expect from working with me as your Mind-Body Therapist?
A: The first session is always 90 minutes in length and includes a non-invasive evaluation of the patient’s health. Patients are taught a series of movements custom-designed to their individual health needs. Follow up sessions are 60 minutes in length and are used to continually optimize the efficacy of the therapy and further improve health.
Q: How much does Mind-Body Therapy cost?
A: I charge $125 for the initial intake session and $100 for follow-up sessions. My discounted prices include $275 per three follow-up sessions and $545 per six follow-up sessions.
To make an appointment, email Marcel Allbritton: email@example.com
Email for a free phone consult to see if Mind-Body Therapy is right for you!